Sunday, February 24, 2013

It may be a disaster but it's my disaster!


So I bought a house in a small college town in Western Mass.  I just had to have a project house and after 6 months of searching and dragging my oh so patient girlfriend all across the Pioneer Valley we found this place.  It was listed as a "charming arts and crafts bungalow" which is a nice way of saying an old bungalow with very little updating since it was built.  Since this is our first post I'll do a bit of a house tour... 




One of my requirements was a garage and this is a close approximation to one
 

I also wanted a big back yard and with a property size of .68ac I think we did OK in that book as well 



Here are some more pictures of the exterior of the house and property...  

 From this angle you can see a large tree that is on my list of needing some attention (removal)

 Here you can see the tree a bit better as well as the field stone foundation.  
 The garage is in good shape but does have an odd little shed thing tacked on back.  I'll have to rebuild it at some point as its just sitting on some sleepers and isn't exactly framed correctly.  

 This photo gives a good side profile shot of said shed and one of two other trees that are on my removal list
The sad shed in all its glory.  I think the windows are actually some original storm windows stolen from the house which isn't surprising as the previous owner fancied himself to be quite the handy man.  The trouble is there were no skills to back up the desire to build/fix/modify things and that has left us with quite a list of things to fix and make right.  

Check out the interior pictures in the next blog!





No comments:

Post a Comment